Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar T4 Mounts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Vivitar T4 Mounts Reply with quote

Hi guys, inherited 3 lenses today through a friend non gratis, a Soligor 28mm f2.5 mc, Canon 85mm f1.8 and a Vivitar 135mm f2.8 T4, all fd mount.
Interesting though is I also inherited the Vivitar T4 instruction manual which gives detailed instructions on fitting each mount, Pentax, Canon, Minolta, Nikon, Exacta and wait for it, yes Miranda!
I wasn't aware Miranda had their own mount, perhaps someone can shed some light on this. Also there is no mention of m42, any particular reason, must have been loads of m42 thread camera's about.
I have attached a photo I think, if anybody would like me to upload the manual page by page or email them a copy for reference, I can scan it, please let me know.
As long as that doesn't infringe any copyright, although the booklet has no date or copyright symbol printed anywhere on it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be very interesting to have a scan of the Vivitar T4 manual.
I don't think it would violate copyright. There are hundreds of these manuals already online (see butkus).

Miranda most certainly had its own mount, in fact two of them. On every camera.
The usual mount was a reversed bayonet, much like the Canon FD (in concept, the actual dimensions, shape, etc. are very different) but without the breechlock ring. This was the automatic mount. The T4's also included the open aperture metering prong for the Sensorex models.

The other was an M44 screw insride the throat of the bayonet mount. This was for preset lenses and some other interfaces. T-T2 mounts for Mirandas almost always are this M44 screw mount, very rarely the bayonet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Vivitar T4 Mounts Reply with quote

Mr G wrote:
Hi guys, inherited 3 lenses today through a friend non gratis, a Soligor 28mm f2.5 mc, Canon 85mm f1.8 and a Vivitar 135mm f2.8 T4, all fd mount.
Interesting though is I also inherited the Vivitar T4 instruction manual which gives detailed instructions on fitting each mount, Pentax, Canon, Minolta, Nikon, Exacta and wait for it, yes Miranda!
I wasn't aware Miranda had their own mount, perhaps someone can shed some light on this. Also there is no mention of m42, any particular reason, must have been loads of m42 thread camera's about.
I have attached a photo I think, if anybody would like me to upload the manual page by page or email them a copy for reference, I can scan it, please let me know.
As long as that doesn't infringe any copyright, although the booklet has no date or copyright symbol printed anywhere on it.

Possibly the writing you obtained is making reference to m42 under cover of some other appellation. For example, m42 mounts are sometimes labelled "U" (for "universal") or "CS" or "PX" or . . there are others. As between the two T4 x m42 adapters I recently brought in, one was marked "CS", the other "PX".

The m44 adapters/mounts are a peril when shopping. Oftentimes the seller will make mention merely of "screw mount". You have to pray it's T2 or m42, and not the dreaded m44. I (fortunately) have only one of those things. That's one too many!! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys, I will scan the manual tomorrow and send you a copy and If I can work out how to upload it I will.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to seeing that leaflet, I have a couple of those lenses.