Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Small/Compact Telephoto Zooms?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Small/Compact Telephoto Zooms? Reply with quote

I've got my eye on an Olympus Zuiko Auto Zoom 50-90 3.5, which is 116mm long and has a filter size of 49mm.

It is a pretty slim lens! But is there anything smaller out there?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zuiko 135 f3.5 almost as compact as a 50. The smallest 135 I've ever owned.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the more modern zooms were very compact, I've got a Miranda 70-210 / 4.5 5.6 Macro here that is 100mm closed and 135mm open with a 52mm filter. It's slow, it's a one touch zoom and almost certainly deeply unfashionable, but, in sunshine and stopped down it's sharp with good colours. Laughing Small, good and cheap didn't seem to apply to older lenses, Olympus certainly changed all that.
My recommendation would be the eexcellent Yashica ML 80-200 / 4, not fast but fixed aperture and very shapp with good contrast and colours. 135mm closed and open, even though it is a one touch zoom it does not extend, and has a 55mm filter. Compared to the rest of the zooms I have like some Vivitar Series 1 70-210's the Yashica is a lot smaller and lighter.