Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Series 1 35-85 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Vivitar Series 1 35-85 2.8 Reply with quote

I took a couple of Series 1 lenses out today. The more I use the vivs, the more I think I could probably just have Series 1 lenses in my collection and be all set. The 35-85 is my latest Series 1 acquisition. It has a mixed reputation, but I must say I don't think it deserves some of the criticism it has gotten. It does vignette a lot on the A7 at 35mm, which I fixed somewhat unsuccessfully in the jpeg below.

Here is a 100% crop at the original size

While the lens is a bit soft at 2.8, it's way sharper than some of my other lenses. It's got a great range and resolves well.

It's a very nice portrait lens as well. While I think there are better Series 1 lenses, this is a fun one to use...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very decent lens from the looks.
Who is it by - Komine or Kiron or Tokina, I can't remember.
I know that Kiron made a 28-85 and Komine a 28-90 but my grey cells are flagging.
Thanks for sharing these
OH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Kiron made, serial 22xxxxxxx. There is a 28-105 made by Cosina that I don't own. Overall I think the Komine 28-90 is a better lens and if I was buying these new in the 1970s I would definitely have gone for it. This isn't a bad lens however, and it is fun to use.

Oldhand wrote:
A very decent lens from the looks.
Who is it by - Komine or Kiron or Tokina, I can't remember.
I know that Kiron made a 28-85 and Komine a 28-90 but my grey cells are flagging.
Thanks for sharing these
OH