Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First impressions from my Distagon 2/35
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: First impressions from my Distagon 2/35 Reply with quote

I think this lens is good.

It is really sharp wide open.
It managed to make the view from my window appear interesting.

I wonder, how did Zeiss manage to combine in the same lens the world's best lens hood with the world's worst lens cap Very Happy

(I used a Hoya polarizer for this photo)

I just wish it didn't vignette so much at f/2.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that the flare control is impressive.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello nkanellopoulos,

The Distagon 35mm f2.0 is a great lens. I was looking at the 35 f2.0 also but decided to go with the Distagon 28mm f2.8, because it was about the same quality and cheaper. By the way I see you have the canon 5d, I have the 7d, which has the 1.6X crop factor. This video on Vimeo convinced me to choose Zeiss lenses for my 7d because it was shot with the 7D and your lens the Zeiss Distagon 35mm f2.0 ZF. The non corrected version at the top right shows the true characteristics of the lens, but has clipping sound in video so you might want to turn your volume down.

http://www.vimeo.com/9692970

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! I'm looking forward to the day I can join the Zeiss club. Those lenses have a look unlike anything else out there.

Chris W

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent picture!This lens is great!It`s different than Contax Distagon but still perfect!