Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm lucky - Konica Hexanon AR 24mm/F2.8 F16 Version AE
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: I'm lucky - Konica Hexanon AR 24mm/F2.8 F16 Version AE Reply with quote

Good evening,

i've just shot the Hexanon AR 24/2.8 AE Version, it's the 2nd Version of 3 ever released,
according to buhla.de here:

http://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/Objektive/e24_28.html

"The Hexanon AR 24 mm / F2.8 provides outstanding optical performance. It renders razor-sharp images with high contrast and good colour rendition, barrel or pincushion distortions are hardly noticeable. Slight vignetting is detectable, but not disturbing. The late f22 version is said to be slightly better than the older f16 versions."

I already have the rare F22 Version, which is optically a completely different design - but i seriously
want to keep it as pristine as possible into my collection, and would shoot with the AE F16 Lens
then when it'll arrive into here on my A3000 Sony Body. Onto my A3000, it just becomes a
36mm normal prime in 35mm terms, because of the x1.5 APS-C Sensor cropfactor.

perhaps i' should try the slightly better F22 version on my Sony A7 FF body.

Greetings
Marc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh you are fortunate, Marc! I have nothing like that in Hexanon.

Congrats! Envy is oozing out of every pore of my body. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you much. Wink For the F22 - i've waited >4 years to get on at ebay germany, and i watched ebay us, uk, ch, at..it...etc....
the F16 version now wasn't that expensive, so i hope to be lucky with it.

greetings
marc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my Hexanons! I have the 2.8/24 AE f/16 version, it's great!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, they are great lenses, I have almost all.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Attila

you must have been bought almost every lens from every manufactor? Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doomed-forever wrote:
@Attila

yes, I did and sold many after test, Konica is exception I bought almost all and sold only a few.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
doomed-forever wrote:
@Attila

yes, I did and sold many after test, Konica is exception I bought almost all and sold only a few.

yeah, i won't sell my hexanons, anyway. collected them over the ages.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is your most rare one ? are you interest about cameras too ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Attila

check out my photocafe "hello from germany..." thread - i've listed almost all my lenses there...besides, i have a few others.
about cameras: i've sold all my film dslr stuff many years ago, shooting digital since 2001...well, so really rare...not sure, but
i'd say the 24/2.8 F22 hexanon isn't that easy to find nowadays...i'm mostly into yashica ml & contax zeiss lenses...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have good taste , nice list. I thought more Hexanons Smile my rarest Konica lens is Konica 35mm f2.0 made for Konica F first SLR camera from Konica, sadly I dont't have first F just later versions from F mount.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see...i'm not into telephoto lenses, mostly shoot between 24 to 50mm focal length.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've forgotten to mention a Minolta MD Rokkor 50/1.7 and MC Rokkor-PG 50/1.4 Lens...my bad, still a few Minoltas left. Very Happy
Also i have a Helios 44-2, which i love mostly for the swirly bokeh, in M42 Mount.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doomed-forever wrote:
I've forgotten to mention a Minolta MD Rokkor 50/1.7 and MC Rokkor-PG 50/1.4 Lens...my bad, still a few Minoltas left. Very Happy
Also i have a Helios 44-2, which i love mostly for the swirly bokeh, in M42 Mount.

44-x perhaps most universal starter lens to mass amount of people, was mine too on my first DSLR.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, but only the 44-2 gives you that swirly bokeh 'til 2.8...all others are more zeiss copies...or even sharper. Wink
my 1st DSLR (after digicams) was a Dynax 5D konica minolta with kitlens....after that i went to the nikon bandwaggon with the D40...
from the haptics, and AF points, and especially the in-body antishake, the 2004 Dynax 5D was well ahead the D40....from late 2006...
i still have mine, and the Dynax 7D of course - too...love the knobs, switches onto the 7D...much better then fiddling ages through stupid
menues....but thanks god, the nikon menues are handy. Wink like & loved the minolta colors of both 6 MP APS-C CCD sensors much....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like most reviews/user feedback people prefer the f22 24/2.8 Hexanon (Tokina made) to the f16 versions. Will be interested to hear what you think.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenetik wrote:
Seems like most reviews/user feedback people prefer the f22 24/2.8 Hexanon (Tokina made) to the f16 versions. Will be interested to hear what you think.

I have two Sony A3000 Bodies - so i could mount the F16 & F22 on each, and shoot exactly the same - then compare it. At least, the F22
Version is much smaller, lighter...that comes in handy...and i know it was Tokina made, whereas the F16 version is a original Konica design.

Besides that, the F22 version is hard to get for less than <300-400 EUR, and very seldom in nearly mint-condition onto ebay in general,
so i'm happy i have that lens, too. I paid 200 EUR this spring for it...together with both caps and lens quiver, in pristine condition.

My current setup onto the A3000 (because that APS-C sensor is really good, better than my D90 Nikon, but that's from 2008,
check DxOMark sensor score) is the Mitakon/Zhongyi Lens Turbo Mk. I together with a Yashica ML 28/2.8 lens,
the orange marks onto the ML match perfectly also the orange "Zhongyi" onto the Lens Turbo....and both look great
on the A3000. Haven't tried that lens onto FF.