Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exa and Ilford Pan F 50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:59 am    Post subject: Exa and Ilford Pan F 50 Reply with quote

I took a walk in the park with my EXA. Due to the shutter speed topping out at 1/150 I used ISO 50 film.

My Wife likes this version

I like this crop

We agree on this one Smile

Scanned negatives, Epson 4490 with Vuescan. Film developed using LegacyPro L110R, 100:1, 60 minutes (stand develop).

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first image, but might just crop out the trash can (personal pet peeve -- garbage cans.) I can see the attraction in the crop, but I like the original more. It feels more welcoming. Overall, tough, I like the first shot a good deal.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like the first image the best, more depth perhaps? I don't mind that trash can because of the nice cover.
Did you use the prism viewfinder for these photos? Does it have a split screen focus?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No split screen focus, I wish it did. These old eyes make low light focus difficult.

Thank you both for the comments.

Phil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile no crop to me in most cases, I like first one also better, nice place , good shoot.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the first shot to the second too. The bridge is lovely and in shot 1 you can see it in its setting. The bin (trash can) isn't that obtrusive - or at least in mono.