Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some shots from past weeks - Tominon 4.5/105
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:36 am    Post subject: Some shots from past weeks - Tominon 4.5/105 Reply with quote

There is quit some time i do not upload a pic to the forum, mainly because i hadn't buy almost no lens lately - just a Planar 1.7/50 in QBM mount and 2 Zuikos: 2.8/28 and 1.7/50.

So, these pics were made with old gear.

1)

6x9_2014-4832+33 por Renato Augusto Salles, no Flickr

2)

6x9_2014-4836+37 por Renato Augusto Salles, no Flickr

3)

6x9_2014-4840+41 por Renato Augusto Salles, no Flickr

4)

6x7_2014-4540-41 por Renato Augusto Salles, no Flickr

Camera, lens and film developement details can be obtained on the flickr link of each image if needed,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very good to me!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Klaus, thank you,

Renato

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks excellent to me. I have two copies of this lens, never used either,I bought them for the shutters they were in, one I removed from the shutter to use the shutter for something else and the other is still in shutter, I must try it out seeing your shots.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful! I especially like the last shot, wonderful countryside!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Looks very good to me!

+ 1. Beautiful! Very Happy
..and I can't say why, but somehow I really like those kind soft sky halos (#2 and #3) what the stand developing sometimes causes (seen the same phenomenon with my own stand developed pics and that happens ofcourse especially with 2h. stand).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, uddhava, you're welcome,

Ian, I prefer to use this lens for close shooting, not properly macro, but close to the subject. It has a good definition, and spares me the time required to add one more bellows and recalculate very long exposure compensations. But as i don't have a good WA for LF at this moment, I could say it fills the gap.

hemmo,

The traces in the sky you're referring to is probably bromide drag... My negatives are often affected by this in very uniform areas, like open sky, etc, and more often close to the negative borders. It happens only to roll film, never to sheet film, so, probably the holes for film transport plays some role in the story. I have tried stand and semi-stand for roll film and the problem remains. So let's try conventional development techniques for the next 120 roll film.

Forgot to mention that the shots here were taken with Yellow filter. The Tominon lens uses Series VI filters, the same as the Leica Summicron-R 2/50,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Bernard,

Renato

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you're right Renato. Seen the same, sometimes those things happens with stand developing, and as you wrote, mostly with the smaller formats and especially with 35mm films. Anyway the stand developing is fun and personally use it all the time for my films. Very Happy

..and once again, superb pics as yours always! Smile