Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 11 135 f4 M39 on 5D MkII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Jupiter 11 135 f4 M39 on 5D MkII Reply with quote

Hello,
I read somebody asked wether the Jupiter 11 135mm f4 in M39 mount reaches infinity with the 5D Mark II.
Definitely yes for the one I own.

To mount it on a Canon Eos, just a 39mm to 42mm step-up ring

Infinity

Samples at F4, F11, F22

It's a good lens.

Last edited by Olivier on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks very good on the Canon Very Happy ,This is one lens I hope to obtain one day.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, Olivier, I love Jupiter colours. I don't regret swapping my J39M with DigiEd for a lovely Viv S1, but I still miss it.
The USSR M39 SLR lenses I've tried all seemed to focus a tiny way past infinity on a M42 adapter.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier,

Same here, lens and camera,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all.

Renato, after the "mundial" buzz, we don't hear anything about Brazil.
My wife and I wonder how things go.

Moïra, after the great rugby lessons your national team gave our tender frenchies, Australia places a great driver at the top as winner of Hungaria Grand Prix ! Congrats to Ricciardo, your national rugby team and all of you australians. Very Happy

Peter, mine is ok with this adapter : it focuses on infinity.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Thanks Olivier,I missed the Grand Prix finish, we always try and watch the start but missed the end of it. Believe it or not, I fear the French rugby team, on their day they are unbeatable.One day they will be Rugby world champions, even at the expense of my beloved All Blacks. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier,

Well, actually we're silently thinkering what we can do with a dozen of football stadiums in mint condition, as the brazilian football is almost in a terminal situation.
Evil or Very Mad

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
Olivier,
Well, actually we're silently thinkering what we can do with a dozen of football stadiums in mint condition, as the brazilian football is almost in a terminal situation.
Evil or Very Mad
Cheers,
Renato

Thank you Renato.
We were mainly thinking about economic and social situation.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too, as the Football World cup had sucked our economy.
Actually life keeps going with or without sports. With the Presidential election in next October, maybe something changes, for the best or for the worst.

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish people will do a good choice for future.
Best regards, Renato.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Renato Sad sorry to hear we are in same boat.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is an SLR lens with a M39 adapter for the Old M39 bodied Zenits rather than a rangefinder version. I have one of these and the large knurled ring with the M39 thread on it will come off if you undo the three grubscrews. Inside it's similar to a T-mount. I mount one on my Nikon using a T mount (with the inner ring removed) and I get infinity too. I have a Minolta adapter also. Quite a versatile lens. And a good sharp on too.

Great photos showing the best of the lens. I like the silver barrel too, mines a rather tired looking black version.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Phil.

My lens was made in 1963.
It was not a rangefinder lens but a SLR lens as you mention.
It seems mine was made for SLR on purpose and there is no M39 adapter and no grubscrews on the ring with M39 thread. Smile