Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some more with Pentax 100mm f4 Macro.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Some more with Pentax 100mm f4 Macro. Reply with quote

Comments and critique welcome...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one is like vintage painting. Like it.
The last one is also good.

Do not like the rest... to much noise on them (onion pic or whatever it is, light purple), blown highlights on the first, slightly on the second, etc. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a sharp lens, that's for sure. But personally I think the sharpness of the lens would be enough. Flowers look better with a shallow DoF and some softness - but that's just my opinion Kryss. You have a style that suits your taste, and the pictures reflect that. What do critics know? Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really do not like the PP on these sorry Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lloyd, as you state "what do critics know?" my posts are jpegs from finished to size for printing Tiffs,and vary from canvas prints to large prints dry mounted on foam board etc.this coupled with the fact my 27" HD cinema Apple display is constantly colour corrected and the finished prints are to my clients needs and wants,when these prints are finished and hung they are obviously approved or else my clients would not repeat their business. Art is subjective and piddly criticism from people does not bother me or my bank manager.Have a good day my friend and thanks for your comments. Who was it that said...Most people attending a Feast of Knowledge manage to devour a few crumbs.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAART........Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IKaren.....I am truly mortified.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind them at all, and you have finished them to both your own liking and that of your clients.
But you did invite critique remember ........
Thanks for sharing these
OH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH.....Many thanks and to confirm, I don't mind criticism but would prefer like..or don't like as personal preferences are just that and many factors come into personal taste and usually ends up in a slanging match which I will not demean myself by entering.Regards

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kryss - I am just curious about those highlights... Are they on your Apple display present or not? Maybe is my display that needs correction... Confused
and also did you apply noise intentionally to to 3 and 4th picture or just happen to be like that? I guess that you wanted to be that way for some printing effect purpose on the 3rd but still puzzled...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
IKaren.....I am truly mortified.
lmfao why are you asking for cc if you then respond to it like a five year old

I could't care less about your endless client list and your big bank account

That doesn't make these images any better

And yes that is just in my opinion

As long as you and your clients think these are up to standards that's fine by me

But whatever Cool

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IKaren.... Thanks for proving my point. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAART...They are OK on my monitor and the noise you may see is not seen when printed on large canvas and blown highlights not apparent .thanks for reply and glad it is not just me that finds Olympus menu's daunting.Regards.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are these so noisy? they almost look like film scans rather than digital captures...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hifisapi 2 answers.. read previous post or non of your business.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Some more with Pentax 100mm f4 Macro. Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Comments and critique welcome...

OK, my comment and critique, seeing as you welcome it, is that the pics are way oversharpened. Your PP work has done a disservice to
the lens in my opinion. Let's have a look at the original images out of the camera if you kept them, and maybe we can be more
supportive of your camera skills.