Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Sears 50mm f/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Auto Sears 50mm f/2 Reply with quote

Have tested a Auto Sears 50mm f/2 which has a Pentax K mount.

Below are some of the test shots taken with this lens.
The pictures are analog and are taken with a Chinon CM-4, AGFA CINEREX (X-ray film) and developed in X-tol.
Color shots are digital and are taken with a Canon 500D.

My review has more and hires images and can be found here if you're interested: http://blog.bkspicture.com/review_Auto_Sears_50mm_f2.html

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newfie wrote:
Nice pictures and nice review of this lens. I had the same lens in P/K mount not to long ago and I liked it.

I got a Cimko 28mm lens that I liked better because it was a lot better made and was sharper for sure.

Regards,

Gavin

Thanks!
Yes it is very plastic but still a well made one at that.
I would maybe not compare a 28mm vs a 50mm but thats ofcourse what one personaly use more.

Thanks again for the nice comment and keep snapping! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very fine and much undervalued lens.
I think that it is possibly the best value for money 50mm lens available anywhere.

Further images here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=60361&highlight=%2Bauto+%2Bsears+%2B50mm+%2Bf+%2B2&sid=4b559d7cf4c0624f6005894e11c74392
OH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
This is a very fine and much undervalued lens.
I think that it is possibly the best value for money 50mm lens available anywhere.

Very true but best value for the money is a quite cramped contest Smile
Especially if one look at all the different mounts.
Mount like Konika AR or Minolta SR that few are interested in today and some very nice lenses can be found dirt cheap with some luck.
But this Sears lens has probably one of the better value for the money with a PK mount.