Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New member - Weltblick 135mm - f: 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: New member - Weltblick 135mm - f: 2.8 Reply with quote

Hallo all!
I'm new to the forum, I'm italian and it's quite difficult to me to write in English... I'll try !

I have a Canon EOS 600D and I recently discover the M42 lenses world... a revelation !

One of my first MF lenses is a Weltblick Made in Japan, 135mm F : 2.8
Here some shots Wide Open, very happy with it, I think it's a good lense !

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Pendragon.
One of the mods will help with your images I'm sure.
I have often wondered about this lens, and am interested to see the results.
Thanks for sharing these ...... and your English is quite good.
OH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oldhand,
Thank You for Your welcome !

I saw the images in the Preview, but not in the post... I don't know, pheraps it's because this is my first post

Always wide open

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is an anti-spam feature of the forum for 1st posts.
Your images are very good.
The lens looks very promising.
OH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Pendragon. Your images are excellent!

Do you have the auto version of this lens like this?

http://lippisches-kameramuseum.de/Objektive/Weltblick_Auto_Tele_1_2,8_135mm_M42.htm

The lens seems to work well for you on the 600D.

All the best,

Paul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pdccameras,

I have a AUTO TELE version - serial 11872 - 8 blades

It's not the same, the one in the link you posted is quite different.

I take this morning some shot of the lens Very Happy

I left the adapter on... hope it's not a problem

It's also quite sharp, and has a nice bokeh. Here some shots taken a few days ago

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some really nice shots you got there. The last 2 are super cute and sunflower is beautiful too Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting a pic of the lens! Weltblick is a brand used for products distributed by the German retailer Neckermann. Other members on here are better versed than I am in optical genealogy in terms of identifying the manufacturers responsible for producing these badge engineered lenses. My guess would be Tokina or maybe Kino Precision. Great pics of the duckling!

Enjoy the lens!

Paul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really love that last duck photo, "super cute" as mentioned by ikaren.
Glad to have you as a member of this forum. Will be happy to see your photos, Italy is a
beautiful country.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty sharp and some of the images have a nice pop to them. I'm not so sure about the bokeh.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Pendragon and congrats for your first pictures uploaded here. They're really fine.
This 135mm f2.8 made in Japan is a good lens, for sure.
In fact, many, many 135mm f2.8 are very good.

I have a Hanimar 135mm f2.8 looking like your Weltblick.
http://forum.mflenses.com/hanimar-2-8-135-auto-s-t29341,highlight,%2Bhanimar+%2B135.html
Luis wondered wether it was made by Sun or not.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all for welcome, comments and informations !

As I said my English is not very good, so I'll surely do mistakes... I'm sure that You'll be patient with me Smile
Maybe I used the term "bokeh" wrong.. What I was intended to say was the English for the italian word "sfocato".. maybe "blurred" Very Happy

Tokina or Kino Precision... thank You for the information, I'll look on the web !

I love the "Baby Duck" too... Very Happy

Italy is very nice, but the Whole world is beautiful ! I see in this forum fantastic shots from everywhere... this forum is wonderful !!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did not say anything wrong - you used the term bokeh correctly. And that picture did display nice bokeh. Most lenses will produce good bokeh with the right background and distances. I was reacting to the shorter distances with busy backgrounds, but that is very often troublesome with all lenses. Welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benvenuto.

Also my first (bought) manual focus lens was a 135/2.8 of some secondary brand (worked well, but after some time I had too many 135s, so I sold it). However, the duck is nice Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
You did not say anything wrong - you used the term bokeh correctly. And that picture did display nice bokeh. Most lenses will produce good bokeh with the right background and distances. I was reacting to the shorter distances with busy backgrounds, but that is very often troublesome with all lenses. Welcome.

Ok, thanks ! Smile

Hi enzodm,

Those are my first lenses, consider that I discovered not more than 2 months ago I could use a M42 lens on my Canon, and I decided to start with cheap (very cheap !! ) lenses to try. In this phase I'm still exploring this world Smile

For now I bought only some lenses, I've This, a Tessar CZJ DDR 50-2.8 - two Helios 44 (a -2 and a -6), a Soligor 35mm - 2.8, another 135mm - 2.8 (Beroflex) a Tokina RMC 80/200 - 4, a Rokunar 200mm - 3.5 and I'm still trying them ! The road is so long ! Very Happy

Of course using them is very, very funny !!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely pictures, the ducklings are very good. They can often look blurred because of the down, the soft feathers, but your pictures are sharp, the focus is spot on.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The road is extremely long and will get longer the more you buy up old cheap lenses. Then you start looking for rare or super quality lenses - not so cheap. Then the road gets longer.

Welcome to our world!