Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Even more moon pics, this time shot with some cheap lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Even more moon pics, this time shot with some cheap lenses Reply with quote

On the last full moon there was this beautiful halo and I thought it would be interesting to check my newly acquired wides. It turned out that even 19mm on the crop body (Canon 60D) wasn't wide enough. Nevertheless, here are the results:

Tokina "Plastic Fantastic" 19-35mm at 19mm (manually focused :p )

Ensinor 24mm f/2.8

Then I thought it would be nice to check a few longer lenses I have, just to see how much detail I can get with these, aiming at such a distant object. I should probably mention these are my first attempts on astro-photography ever. All the following are 1:1 crops, shot from a tripod:

Tamron 105mm f/2.5

Tamron 105mm f/2.5 on the 01F 2x teleconferter

Sears 200mm f/3.5

Tamron 90mm 52BB f/2.5 on the 01F 2x teleconferter (this combo never ceases to surprise me)