Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meopta Meopar 135mm F4.5 on NEX 5N
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Meopta Meopar 135mm F4.5 on NEX 5N Reply with quote

An uncommon Czech enlarger made in mid-1950s. The glasses in my copy are crystal clear with pretty strong reflection under my table lamp.

Wide open seems a bit soft in my camera. One stop down it becomes pretty acceptable. Contrast is lower than other coated enlargers I tried in the same age. There is small glow exist even the lens is stopped down to F8. I think this is caused by the reflections between the glasses. The shiny aperture blades may be also a cause of the glow. For color and bokeh, please refer to the photos below.

Here are some samples taken in a hazy day. All my photos posted in this section are processed with the same way with minimal among of processing.

For best experience, click the photo for larger size.

Last edited by calvin83 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you used a rear mounted iris? May be confusing for others if you talk about a projection lens and then stopped down...

Not bad the results, look a bit (too) bright on my monitor tho.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
So you used a rear mounted iris? May be confusing for others if you talk about a projection lens and then stopped down...

Not bad the results, look a bit (too) bright on my monitor tho.

Thanks, Klaus. I have mentioned this is an enlarger in the first sentence.

P.S. I adjust the brightness of few photos.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, made bad, got that mixed up Wink