Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SOLIGOR 400MM 6.3 , Any good and help with mount please
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: SOLIGOR 400MM 6.3 , Any good and help with mount please Reply with quote

Sorry this is my first post.
I ended up having this lens it seems to have some good reputation but I could not figure out which mount tried with a bodies but did not work any thoughts please,

Minolta Rokkors, x700 and nex user

Badr

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20145/big_8037_DSC04048_1.jpg]

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like you have some camera side of the mount stuck on the lens?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Appeared to me like a rear element Reply with quote

Hi kansalliskala

Thanks for replying, I have just looked again, It has got a lens on it and there is nothing beyond but the aperture and the front lens.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badr12 wrote:

this could be a T-mount stuck to something else?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

open the small screw and try turn the twisted part off

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a Prakticar PB to M42 mount. Should just screw off to reveal an M42 mount underneath.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a T mount lens, just screw the mount off and get one to suit the camera you use. It's not a bad lens either, I've had some decent results from mine. But it does like a tripod.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Thanks both kansalliskala and graham, Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Unfortunately I don't have the s. driver I will try mane but definitely it seems like working, (slightly started to move when tried)

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Thanks, Reply with quote

Thanks all that is so helpful, I will update with results.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badr12 - the (whole) t-mount screws in to the lens tube, and there is a rather small locking screw of the type known as a grub screw. Use a very small (jewellers) flat head screw driver to loosen this (don't unscrew it completely - you'll lose it!) to replace the whole mount back (otherwise you will start stripping the thread). Tighten it to lock the assembly in place. As others have commented the actual t-mount should unscrew from the lens side section, and I agree there seems to be an adapter jammed on probably a M42 t mount.

PS please edit your second post - put the pics below each other ie on different lines, it's a nuisance having to scroll across our screens

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

t-mounts are available for just about anything
Click here to see on Ebay

you just have to salvage the tube that goes into the
back tube of the lens

be careful when trying to open the little screw
if you damage it then you are in much more trouble

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be sure, are you certain that the bottom flat bit (looks like an M42-PB adapter) isn't screwed onto an M42 T-mount underneath? You might just be able to twist it off.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Just to be sure, are you certain that the bottom flat bit
(looks like an M42-PB adapter) isn't screwed onto an M42 T-mount underneath?
You might just be able to twist it off.

If it is native pb-t-mount then no amount of force can remove it

I think you should focus on getting the little screw off
and putting the threaded tube, which is essential
part of the lens back in place

the tube is not part of the adapter but rear
end of the lens, if you damage it you can't
use the lens any more

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if necessary the t-mount can be separated by loosening the three screws around the knurled grip part. They are bigger screws than the wee one mentioned in my first post and seat in indentations, so they take more unscrewing. Then the interior section of the t-mount will come out with teh secion that screws into the lens end.

These pics on an ebay ad of mine may help.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201084679168?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got one of these from a charity shop and as there was a bunch of m42 lenses I assumed that mine was also a M42 mount. With the M42 to EOS ring I get infinity focus in the correct place. As an experiment I just tried the T2 mount, the extra 9.5mm looses the infinity focus.

Here are some sample shots taken during the 1st 4hrs of the 24hr race at Southport.

http://tedspics.wordpress.com/2014/09/13/soligor-400mm-f6-5/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots Ted, the old Soligor isn't a bad lens, there are certainly better 400mm lenses - but at a cost. I like the Soligors, they were a great enthusiasts lens back in the day.