Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Modern Speedlight Konica I
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Modern Speedlight Konica I Reply with quote

I was hoping to find a way to use a speedlight with some of the older cameras without a PC Sync connection. Fortunately, I stumbled across a web site that identified the 'flash post' as an ASA Bayonet. With that information, I found a cord on EBAY, ASA Bayonet Kodak to PC Female Flash Cord. [/url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/250957836771?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649[url]

Using some adapters to make the connection, I ended up with this:

I tested with shutter speeds 1/25, 1/50 and 1/100. All worked.
And here is the result, shutter @ 1/100:

Phil
[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most between the lens shutters are ok at all speeds with electronic flash. The flash is tripped when the shutter is open.

In the days that this camera was made, bulbs were used mostly. These require either flash sync that would fire them about 1/15th of a second before the shutter opened giving them time to ignite and burn to their maximum power before the shutter opened. Many cameras had different synch settings for different types of bulbs. Some just used the equivalent of 'X' and told you to use the slowest speed.

I'm glad it works!!