Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flash Post to PC Sync
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Flash Post to PC Sync Reply with quote

Is there an adapter to use pc sync flashes on old cameras such as the Konica 1?

Phil[/img]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It figures, I finally found the connection and a solution. The connector is an ASA Bayonet. Adapter cords are available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASA-Kodak-Bayonet-to-PC-Female-Flash-cord-NEW-hard-to-find-/250957836771?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lovely looking camera. I assume it is in working condition. There was a plethora of flash connectors back in the day but eventually they settled on the Zeiss type. You are lucky finding that.

Phil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for info!! I did never try yet any old cameras with flash.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The little camera seems to work. It was filthy, but mostly cleaned up ok. I would call it 'rough' condition. There is a fresh roll of Tri-X in it now, I will carry it doing my errands today. I did run some expired Arista through it.

The problem with finding an adapter was the nomenclature for the camera connection. I ordered the cord, it should be here by Monday the 14th. Twenty US dollars plus shipping seems a little pricey for the cord, but I plan to use the camera on vacation next month. Hopefully I will be posting some flash photos next week.

Glad the information helped.

Phil