Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta 1.7/50 MD Rokkor and Panasonic G1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Minolta 1.7/50 MD Rokkor and Panasonic G1 Reply with quote

I have been playing with the G1 and the minolta 1.7/50.I have not been able to use this lens since peterqd gave it to me a few years ago now. I am coming to terms with the layout of the dials on this camera.It does take a little while too get used to, after using only Pentax DSLR and K-01 for the last few years.
# Taken wide open a few days ago,very strong backlight.

# I think F8

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MO should be "MIAOW". Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens. I need to get my copy out and give it another try.
For some reason I always either grab my 50 1.4 or 50 2 instead.
G1 is pretty simple to use once you get use to it.
Hopefully you will like it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was limited with lens choice, because I had no other lens that would fit the G1,so the minolta got a decent work out.I now have the M42 adapter from Big_is so I am now playing with the Auto-Takumar 2.2/55. I am slowly getting used to the G1,the VF eye sensor is a little sensitive,it kept turning the flip screen on and off, if it sensed anything near it.
Here is a better image of the above first image.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sharp Mo.
My son was repairing his Minolta Rokkor 1.8/55 tonight and we were chatting about Rokkors in general.
The question came up:
Did Minolta ever make a bad lens?
Don't think so ...................
OH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is bound to be an average one out there somewhere... Laughing I will just keep looking when they come into my price range and pick them up when I can.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention your pictures look good.That is a sharp lens.
It's kinda funny but when I shoot with the G1 I always use it with the screen facing in.
I don't know, maybe I'm trying to pretend I'm still shooting with a film camera . LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about the back screen, I have been getting annoyed by the auto sensor where the VF is.It took me awhile to work out if anything comes near it within a few inches,it will automatically switch from the back screen to the VF (there is no off swicth as far as I can see)...very annoying if I am looking at the back screen at the time. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ldef
mo wrote:
Talking about the back screen, I have been getting annoyed by the auto sensor where the VF is.It took me awhile to work out if anything comes near it within a few inches,it will automatically switch from the back screen to the VF (there is no off swicth as far as I can see)...very annoying if I am looking at the back screen at the time. Laughing

2 options that I know of. Keep the screen out to the left, or go into the menu and turn off the evf.
The menu has memory so its pretty quick to turn on and turn off the evf.
It's in the menu under LVF/LCD OFF.