Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fotasy adapter M42-M4/3 no Allen key, do you know what size?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:03 am    Post subject: Fotasy adapter M42-M4/3 no Allen key, do you know what size? Reply with quote

Hi
I am just getting into the whole adapter arena and from what I am reading, it can be a hit and miss affair depending on how good your adapter quality is.
I just received an adapter from rainbowimaging,an adjustable M42 one.It came with no allen key to loosen the screws (I could not see the screws at first...I am hoping they are actually in there Laughing ) Does anyone know what size allen key is needed? I have one from Big_is but it appears too big.. Very Happy

I found one, although I had to buy a set of allen keys to get the right size.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo:

Are you sure is Allen?. Have you been able to look inside the screw hole to confirm it?. Some of these use flat head (single cut)...
Just try with a small screwdriver if you cannot see inside.
Good luck.

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jes,
Yes it was an Allen/hex key, I had to look in better light...(my eyes are not the best anymore for looking at fine details),I will have a look at which size it was and post it here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen size is 1mm I think. 1.5mm (the most little in usualy allen pack) is too big.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like it is 1.27,the smallest....for the fotasy(rainbowimaging) and 1.5 is what came with the Big_is adapter