Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Does KAR (Hexanon) lens to m42 adapter exist yet?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Does KAR (Hexanon) lens to m42 adapter exist yet? Reply with quote

I guess the Chinese have been hesitant to make this adapter available because some buyers might not realize in advance there will be loss of infinity focus and, indeed, the lens will be limited (in essence) largely to close-up photography.

Regardless of that, has anyone found a source for adapters which convert Hexanon AR lenses straightaway to m42?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Does KAR (Hexanon) lens to m42 adapter exist yet? Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
I guess the Chinese have been hesitant to make this adapter available because some buyers might not realize in advance there will be loss of infinity focus and, indeed, the lens will be limited (in essence) largely to close-up photography.

Regardless of that, has anyone found a source for adapters which convert Hexanon AR lenses straightaway to m42?

In the 35+ years of playing with Konica equipment, I have never seen an adapter to mount K/AR lenses on a M42 body. The reason probably no one makes any is exactly the one you mention. Making such an adapter for macro photography enthusiasts exclusively would probably not be an economically viable undertaking.
The closest thing I have seen to an adapter of the sort you are asking for is a T-mount adapter with a K/AR end. The T-mount adapter has a 0.75mm step at the thread end, instead of the 1mm for M42, and most M42 lenses will screw in about 1 turn, but no more. That's one glitch.
The other one is the thickness of the T-mount adapter. It will take the lens so far away from the camera that you will not only loose infinity focus, but the great majority of the focusing range and be limited to photos of objects no further than a foot or two from the camera.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Does KAR (Hexanon) lens to m42 adapter exist yet? Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
guardian wrote:

In the 35+ years of playing with Konica equipment, I have never seen an adapter to mount K/AR lenses on a M42 body. The reason probably no one makes any is exactly the one you mention. Making such an adapter for macro photography enthusiasts exclusively would probably not be an economically viable undertaking.
The closest thing I have seen to an adapter of the sort you are asking for is a T-mount adapter with a K/AR end. The T-mount adapter has a 0.75mm step at the thread end, instead of the 1mm for M42, and most M42 lenses will screw in about 1 turn, but no more. That's one glitch.
The other one is the thickness of the T-mount adapter. It will take the lens so far away from the camera that you will not only loose infinity focus, but the great majority of the focusing range and be limited to photos of objects no further than a foot or two from the camera.

Thanks, konicamera!! That's helpful . . . . . though I admit somewhat disappointing. Guess I'll have to do the best I can on this one. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps buy an M42 reverse adapter and a cheap AR to M4/3 adapter, remove the filter thread and smooth it all down then attach the AR mount directly onto the reverse adapter.

You'll still get macro but it ought to work. I did something similar for my Nikon lenses so I can use them on M42.