Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Where does this lens case come from?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: Where does this lens case come from? Reply with quote

Sorry if I am opening a silly thread. I am trying to find out to what lens does this case come from:

It looks to be like some hard material covered with leather, and inside it there is some small note in German with just what looks to be instructions but no mentions on the lens itself.

My dad has given me everything and among his stuff I have found this. I think that the lens isn't there any more as none of his lenses fits like in it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Where does this lens case come from? Reply with quote

zanxion72 wrote:
Sorry if I am opening a silly thread. I am trying to find out to what lens does this case come from:

It looks to be like some hard material covered with leather, and inside it there is some small note in German with just what looks to be instructions but no mentions on the lens itself.

My dad has given me everything and among his stuff I have found this. I think that the lens isn't there any more as none of his lenses fits like in it.

This looks to me like as typical lens case made in East Germany in the 1960s and 1970s. Yours is probably of an older vintage as it is all made of leather. At some point the cover was made of plastic and, in due time, so was the barrel. Given its proportions (I can't guess its exact size), it looks to me like it was perhaps made for a 135/2.8 (the Bokeh Monster?). There is a similar case on Ebay auction no. 111380054141, except that it's black.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Indeed it must be the case of the Pentacon 135/2.8. Found that to and it fits like a glove! Thank you!