Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can you identity this mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Can you identity this mount? Reply with quote

This is off a mir-1 lens with SN 794250:

Is this some sort of kiev mount and what would be the appropriate adapted for canon EOS?

-thanks in advance,
1kgcoffee

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta - and modified from something else?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so cool. But how did a minolta mount find its way onto a mir-1, I didn't know they made them for it, or you mean to say this was a DIY type project?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there an aperture ring

if not it's a kiev 10 mount Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a home made Minolta mount.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think kansalliskala nailed it. Kiev-10 mount. Take a look here:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Using-Kiev-10Kiev-15-Lenses-On-Digital-Cameras/2/?lang=de

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the responses. The aperture ring appears to be internal:

The seller thought it was something like a Leica M mount. That does look like a kiev, unfortunately. A beautiful antique, but unusable for now.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read the article that I've linked, you would learn that the plastic case is supposed to have the flange and it's not that difficult to mount that flange into Canon FD adapter...

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but then don't you lose infinity focus or is there a workaround without a glass adapter?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is soviet mir-1 automat from kiev camera. There was no aperture rings and aperture sets from camera.
I used this lens barel to convert my triplet 78 to canon eos. There are no adapters to this bayonet cause it was rare system also in post sovier contries.
There was another modification of mir in m42 version and soviet optics (lens blocs) were same. So back-distance perfect fit to dslr like canon ef. No need to use any glass adapters in conversion process.