Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help: Camera Mirror Fell Off
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Help: Camera Mirror Fell Off Reply with quote

I am on a trip for couple of weeks and today my mirror from my DSLR (Sony) decided to fell off. Anyone have any quick fix for it?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have some Blu Tack with you?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Do you have some Blu Tack with you?

Nope, but I can try to get some.

Using blu tack will do it? I need to search what is Blu Tack first though

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be able to fix the mirror with Blu Tack if your camera has a fixed translucent mirror. Do not do this to the old models with instant-return mirror.

To be safe, just take the mirror out. The camera should works without the mirror if you use live view with manual focus.

Last edited by calvin83 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my EOS 5D I used Gaffa tape, to preliminary repair the lost mirror after it fell off.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
You might be able to fix the mirror with Blu Tack if your camera has a fixed translucent mirror. Do not do this to the old models with instant-return mirror.

To be safe, just take the mirror out. The camera should works without the mirror if you use live view with manual focus.

I am using A850 which does not have liveview

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

I am using A850 which does not have liveview

You are not alone: http://www.igorphotos.com/wedding-photographer-became-unglued/ .

I think you might better find some glue to keep the mirror in place until you come back to Hong Kong. Smile