Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta 85 1.7 as a Landscape Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Minolta 85 1.7 as a Landscape Lens Reply with quote

I went off the pavement again yesterday and tried my new Minolta Rokkor-X MD 85/1.7 as a landscape lens. There are so many roads in Arizona that end up in beautiful, rough and untamed terrain, only an hour from the city. The lens resolved very well and is an excellent range on FF for these types of shots. I pp'd these with my standard set of effects for desert landscapes which is kind of heavy, but the original shots (HDR ooc jpgs for the most part) were quite sharp and if I had to live with one lens for the Sony A7, it could very well be this Rokkor.

If anyone is interested, I was on my way here, but it got too dark to take the unpaved road to the end, I only went about 8 miles:

http://www.arizonaguide.com/places-to-visit/phoenix-central-arizona/castle-hot-springs

Definitely going to go back and try to get some shots of the springs and the ruins of the resort.

Here's a panorama:

Several desert shots, being out there makes you feel like you're the last person on earth.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty landscapes out there in the dirt.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such pretty country.
It would be worth camping out to catch the late afternoon and early morning light.
Good job
OH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arizona dream...