Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

70mm 2.8 PENTAX 110 on Nex with Bokeh
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: 70mm 2.8 PENTAX 110 on Nex with Bokeh Reply with quote

(pop)

(pop)

(pop)

(pop)

(ootc)

(ootc)

(ootc)

(ootc)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I open this thread to thank Nordentro

Nordentro thank you for having me pushed into the Pentax-110 system Wink

I knew the lenses for long, but I was not convinced...
Then I saw yours recommendation on the 18mm, and I always paid great attention to your advice.

The Pentax-110 lenses are cheap but I needed another adapter. Rolling Eyes
Then came an adapter + the 18, 24, 50, 70mm, and the rare AUTO Super. Bingo !

Since that, I was lucky enough to collect all the lens hood and all the close-up attachments for filter diameters under 49mm

I immediately felt in love with the 18. The strength AND the weakness of the lens are well known now ; Maybe I'll open a thread later.

But here is the 70mm 2.8 :

Many of us have a lot of 85mm 1.8/2 or 2.8, so why this one ?
Add the fact that the mfd is not great at 1.5m. But remember that it's the standard mfd for a 135mm on 35mm, and this lens is an equivallent of 140mm on the 110 cartridge.

Well, here is the answer with the help of a cheap close-up attachment (49mm), the lowest of all, marked as "n°1" and the help of the APS-C/NEX to get a 105mm equivallent

Don't look for sharpness, close-up attachments and wide open lenses are not the best way to achieve this...

A basic pp were applied on almost all pictures + sharpening for the web
I used the integrated pop filter for some photos on a cloudy day.

Here's a second batch :

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(pop)

(pop)

(pop)

(pop)

(pop)

(pop & pp)

etc, etc...The lens is a bokeh machine Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rendering of this lens is beautiful. I love also the way the composition allows the focus to gradually blur away into the background.

Rendering and bokeh are terms which I know but don't really appreciate. This lens has both and is a great example.