Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios Comparison of 44-2 44-3 & 44M-7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Helios Comparison of 44-2 44-3 & 44M-7 Reply with quote

I've tried twice now to take three sets of pictures with them all spot-on in focus and failed both times. Very frustrating as I was pretty sure I had it. Maybe I'll try again after I calm down.

Here are some where I believe I did get all in good focus. These were taken right after the last unsuccessful series and these are closer images. I'd rather get some comparisons at more distance if I can ever get the focus on all of them. Anyway, I can't see any appreciable difference in these pictures. If any of you can, please tell me what it is.

The pictures are as they came out of the camera in jpeg. Sony A200 10mp camera. All were metered at the time of exposure, so there might be slight difference with one or two. Don't let the title influence you, I've put them up in the order I took them, not necessarily in the order of the post title.

Left to right are all the same f-stop. Original size images are available by selection under the images. For easy comparison, use the next button for three at a time, then your back and forward arrows to compare.

http://www.pbase.com/mdlempert/helios_4423m7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tnx for posting this, but I think the main difference is color rendition and sharpness wide open. So I'd say better shoot more different images, rather then the same scene at different apperture.