Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sears 135/3.5 Zebra, Interesting Looking Lens...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject: Sears 135/3.5 Zebra, Interesting Looking Lens... Reply with quote

Today was a good day for buying second hand goods from one of the few remaining local Camera Shops. The most interesting looking lens I picked up is this Sears 135mm 3.5 which is the subject of this post. It is a screwmount lens that had a Nikon adapter on it already. It is a preset and has somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 aperture blades.

Here are some pics of the lens, followed by samples and comments. If anyone could tell me by whom/when this lens was most likely made, I would be fascinated to know.

#1 - stopped down

#2 - 100% crop from image above

#3 - This is an unprocessed OOC jpeg

#4 - Another unprocessed OOC jpeg

#5 Wide open bokeh is tremendously busy

#6 Wide open images are glowy

#7 Still, resolves nicely for an old lens when stopped down

#8 Even at a distance good detail is captured, as shown in the pic below followed by 100% crop

Thanks for looking, Ken

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe early 60s t mount,Kyoei,Komura maybe, in front of len number the letter looks like a Sigma emblem but I don't think Sigma was making lens back then

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmwtraveler wrote:
maybe early 60s t mount,Kyoei,Komura maybe, in front of len number the letter looks like a Sigma emblem but I don't think Sigma was making lens back then

It is a t mount, based on a list of komura lenses that came up, I think it could be a Komura unidapter 135/3.5.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good whatever it is.
OH

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Sankor made? Surprised

First time I see this type.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this lens and its 35mm f-3.5 brother with a first generation Sears SL11 several years ago. Mine is T mount with Nikon adapter. My hunch is Sigma. 1965 vintage, give or take a year.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto, though I am only guessing, it is a very early Sigma.
Its not similar to known Sankyo or Komura lenses of the time.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BMW was right in that it does look like the Sigma logo. I didn't realize this lens had a shorter friend of the same vintage, thanks for sharing Casual Collector. They certainly have an interesting style.