Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dragonfly
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Dragonfly Reply with quote

I spotted one of these tiny blue Dragonflies the other day and managed some handheld macro shots. Firstly with a Rodenstock Magangon 5.6/75 on M39 bellows:

100% crop:

And then with a Fujinon-TV 1.8/75 on a 30mm extension tube:

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damelflies, actually, something in the genus Enallagma (Species-level identification in this genus is tedious as you can see here).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sharp. I'm not sure I can focus that accurately. There are lots of these damsels where I live. Perhaps a mini safari may be in order this week.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Pretty sharp. I'm not sure I can focus that accurately. There are lots of these damsels where I live. Perhaps a mini safari may be in order this week.

..and plenty of the red ones as well in my pond, joined together and laying eggs.