Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss 2.8/28mm - Distagon (C/Y) or Biogon (Contax G) ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Zeiss 2.8/28mm - Distagon (C/Y) or Biogon (Contax G) ? Reply with quote

Hi folks!

I´m looking for a 28mm into a Zeiss brand and I´m wondering which lens is more suitable or better for Sony A7 (FF) camera...a Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/28mm (C/Y) or a Zeiss Biogon 2.8/28mm (Contx G)...

Could you provide any suggestion?

Thanks in advanced!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/28mm (C/Y). Better corner performance and less vignetting.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/28mm (C/Y). Better corner performance and less vignetting.

+1 The28/2.8 Distagon is one of the best 28mm lenses out there.

Also, try to get the later 'MM' version of the Distagon, it is slightly better in the corners than the earlier 'AE' version. You can tell the difference by the colour of the minimum aperture - it's green on the MM version. You will also usually find that the lens mount on a newer lens has a chrome mounting flange whereas the mount on the AE version will typically be all black.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for the advices. I´m going to start to find any CZ2.8/28 MM

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget the Biogon G 28/2.8 if you want to use it on the A7 and get decent IQ.Even at f11 corners are not very sharp and smearing is still there.Distagon 28/2.8 C/Y is the way to go - it does very good on the A.7