Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Adaptall-2 35-70
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Tamron Adaptall-2 35-70 Reply with quote

I rediscovered a Tamron AD2 35-70 this afternoon. It had been sitting at the back of a shelf for ages and to be honest I'm sure if I'd ever used it. So I put it on the K30 and found a flower with an insect on it . . . this was taken at 70mm, the closest focusing distance, and around f11, handheld and leaning over a fence. I think the pictures may look a bit better if you click on them. The lens did a lot better than I expected.

This insect is really quite a handsome fellow (or maybe a comely lass!), and about as long as my thumb nail.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super pic well done- lens has really handled all your MPx no problem.. Funnily enough I started a thread on adaptall zooms close focus just recently.

Is yours the later 17A constant f3.5 or the earlier 09A

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and the lens did very well on close focus!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Minolfan and Marcus - Thanks for the kind words Minolfan, I reckon the lens should get more credit than I do ! And Marcus, it's a 17A.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the 17A BBAR - Macro lens? I have used mine and it does impress me, but it plays second fiddle to the Rokkor 35-70 / 3.5 Macro. Which is a shame because the Tamron is a great lens, and judging by your close focus pictures - there's proof its a great lens

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you should lean over fences more often,instead of using a tripod.. Laughing What a great image with a better than average lens.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy - Yes, it's the BBAR one. I'm now sure this is the first time I've used it and I have to admit being pleasantly surprised. I did once have a Minolta 35-70 back in the 1990s, the 'mark 2' version with the bigger grips on the zoom ring and that gave some very pleasant results on Kodachrome - I bought it on an X300 body for next to nothing and was delighted to think that I'd pretty much got the Leitz 35-70 for about a twentieth of what one of those would have cost. I might see if I can find another one . . .

I also tried it on the Lumix: - Mo, some more leaning over the fence for this one - the M4/3 format seems to let you get closer still. This is looking through the petals of a Day Lily (Hemerocallis) into the late afternoon sun.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got some beautiful light through that flower! Looks like it's on fire Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Chalk one up for the fence and G1,excellent light well captured.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron 17A is great performer, I had it as well and gave it to my friend when I found 01A for a bargain price. To be true, I loved how 17A was reproducing colours - the same is visible on your photos. It's a great lens and I spent a lot of time on my camera.
Here's a thread I started some time ago: http://forum.mflenses.com/tamron-17a-35-70mm-f-3-5-a-lot-of-pictures-t60840.html

Mateusz