Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Holga 120 CFN + IR filter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Holga 120 CFN + IR filter Reply with quote

Technical info
Camera: Holga 120 CFN
Lens: 60mm f/8 (plastic lens)
Film: EFKE IR820
Place: Färgelanda / Sweden

HiRes ver of this picture can be found on my homepage: http://bkspicture.com/Scan-Digital_Infrared_9.html

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how I can read more about the filters you have been using? I liked so much the results...

Alex

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alaios wrote:
how I can read more about the filters you have been using? I liked so much the results...

Alex

Glad you like it!
I have used a Rocolax IR76 filter.
One of my first blog posts was about IR photography using this EFKE film.
http://blog.bkspicture.com/tips_and_tricks_How_to_shot_analogue_IR.html

Keep snapping!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I did not understand, in the link you gave
your comment about IR and red filter. Does red filter affect or not the exposure?

Alex

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alaios wrote:
Hi I did not understand, in the link you gave
your comment about IR and red filter. Does red filter affect or not the exposure?

Alex

Many that asked me about my IR photography at the time also asked if you can use a red filter and get the same effect.
Guess thay have heard of a old Kodak IR film which could be used just like that.
A IR filter is a very dark red filter which blocks so much that only IR light goes true.
If I got it right I think that old Kodak film was not very sensetive to normal light so thats why it could be used with a normal red filter and still get a IR effect.

A red filter is something you normaly use with regular b&w film.
It removes blue light which means that the sky will be darker and clouds will be more visible as a example.
But there are also dark red filters which is near IR but the human eye can still look true it.
And using this will give its affect ofcourse but not as surreal as a real IR filter.

The only diffurence between the EFKE IR820 film and regular film is that it is still se light down to 820nm.
I have used a Rocolax IR76 filter for most of my pictures and this filter removes all visible light down to 760nm.
And the film only capture the light between 760-820nm during a exposure.
If I have for example used a IR86 filter which removes more light then what this spesifice film can see would not work at all.
And nothing will be captures no matter the exposure length.

This film has a quite good info pdf about there film where you can se some examples with diffurent filter etc:
http://www.freestylephoto.biz/pdf/product_pdfs/efkefotokemika/EfkeIR.pdf

Hope this helps and keep snapping!

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very dreamy picture, i love the mood it portrays!

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
This is a very dreamy picture, i love the mood it portrays!
'

Thanks!!
Holga in IR are usually a win, win Smile