Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

360º Panorama
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: 360º Panorama Reply with quote

This is a 360º panorama of the Barrancas National Cemetery here in town. It is composed of 16 images "stitched" together in Photoshop. I converted the image to grayscale with the exception of the flag and flowers to add to the solemnity of the scene. The original is about 17,000 pixels wide (almost 5 feet)!

Nikon D700 and 28mm f/2.8 AI Nikkor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, looks great, well done. I have attempted this type of thing before but a couple of degrees tilt messes it all up. I like the colour parts too. Its a shame we can't see its original size.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Wow, looks great, well done. I have attempted this type of thing before but a couple of degrees tilt messes it all up. I like the colour parts too. Its a shame we can't see its original size.

Thanks

Thanks! Before each frame I made sure the bubble in the spirit level on the panorama bracket was exactly centered. Taking that much care will eliminate almost all need for cropping. I also had a 3 axis spirit level in the hot shoe so I made sure that was all plumbed up as well. They are cheap, less than $10 on Ebay but well worth the expense if you do any landscape or architectural photography.

The original file is over 20MB, even in black and white, so it would be pretty hard to upload it to a website.

It never occurred to me but I should have done this LAST weekend, when there was a small flag in front of each tombstone. It would have been a monumental job to do spot color, but the results would have been worth it!