Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

eZlever - Focusing (and zooming) your MF lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: eZlever - Focusing (and zooming) your MF lenses Reply with quote

With apologies to forum members living outside the USA, and especially to Canadian forum members:

Just stumbled across this item

Click here to see on Ebay

which struck me as somewhat innovative for MF lens users.

Thought a few of you might find this of interest.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: eZlever - Focusing (and zooming) your MF lenses Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
With apologies to forum members living outside the USA, and especially to Canadian forum members:

Just stumbled across this item

Click here to see on Ebay

which struck me as somewhat innovative for MF lens users.

Thought a few of you might find this of interest.

Great find, encase I lose some of my limbs I can still focus properly!! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it can be useful for videographers.
Proper follow-focus rigs are often very expensive, this can be a cheap alternative if it allows smooth and precise operation, otherwise it is completely useless.
I would like to try one.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:
I think it can be useful for videographers.
Proper follow-focus rigs are often very expensive, this can be a cheap alternative if it allows smooth and precise operation, otherwise it is completely useless.
I would like to try one.

follow focus rigs are expensive but way more useful, this device might be useful with short focussing throws. But with some older lenses and super smooth focus rings this becomes useless.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogtag wrote:

follow focus rigs are expensive but way more useful, this device might be useful with short focussing throws. But with some older lenses and super smooth focus rings this becomes useless.

Yes, obviously. However I've been shooting video in some situations (especially with mf glass) where such a device could have come handy. Whatever, I already bought one of the expensive one some months ago, so not really needing this, just curious about feel and useability.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's also an easier design available. One you can make @ home.
http://blog.planet5d.com/2013/12/dslrsolutions-ultra-simple-follow-focus-review/

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a new idea - and far more useful on cameras with a waist level finder when two hands are needed to hold the camera still and a single finger can do the fine focus using it.
The older ones such as this one shown also have an angle adjustment to move the lever forward or back to suit finger size/comfort.

OH