Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica/AR - Fuji/X Adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Konica/AR - Fuji/X Adapter Reply with quote

Today I received my long expectet Konica to Fuji adapter.

This one:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/251098983531?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It fits the lens very well. But it is loose and wobbly on the camery side.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix it?

Can you recommend a better adapter?

Thank you very much

Tim o

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of pot luck with these things, one way you might try if it's possible is to try different adapters on different lenses. An adapter that's wobbly on one lens may well fit better on a different lens, this has worked for me in the past. Of course you need to have other lenses and adapters but lens lust is no bad thing.
Atllia recommended big-is from ebay and they do seem to be a decent outfit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens fits well but the adapter sits loose and wobbly on the camera.

Finally I used some Scotch Tape to tighten the hole on the adapter where the little pin snaps in.

So I would say its usable but far away from perfect.
Sadly there are not many alternatives, most supplyers don`t have Konica AR to Fuji-X Adapters.

Timo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can make the flange a little thicker by applying a layer of what have you to the flat surface that comes into contact with the camera body. I recall a thread on another forum where the poster managed to attach a thin film of copper to the existing lens mount to bulk it out a little but I can't find it now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried a few Konica - NEX adapters. The zebra striped adapter from big_is is the best one I have, but I can't find the Fuji version of this one. The Kipon one doesn't fit so well, camera side is loose and is expensive. And I've got one of those Fotasy (being sold under 3 other brands) adapters, but these are terrible. But these are all NEX. I've searched for Konica - Fuji adapters, but there aren't many different kinds.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have offered NEX-adapzers several times, including Konica-NEX-adpters.
I still have one. For €10,- (plus shipping) it's yours.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carsten, if Tim is not interested in your adapter, I would.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ LucisPictor: Thanks for your offer but I aready have a perfect matching Konica Nex adapter.

I decited to use the scotch tape enhanced adapter as long as possible and keep on searching for a better one.
The guys from enjoyyourcamera.com told me that they will have a matching quenox adapter available in the middle of may.
I hope this one fill fit better.

Timo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I look at the Quenox branded ones and the eBay link you posted it seems that it's the same manufacturer. And the Quenox are quite expensive...

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Carsten, if Tim is not interested in your adapter, I would.

Regards.
Jes.

Sorry, Jes, it's already gone now.