Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina/ lentar/hanimex /soligor-T2 105/2.8 optical formula
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Tokina/ lentar/hanimex /soligor-T2 105/2.8 optical formula Reply with quote

Hello friends ,I have a soligor 105/2.8 T2 mount lens . The same lens is also found in Tele tokina /Hanimex/ lentar and may be other brand name . From what i gathered this lens is made by Tokyo koki(Tokina) .I want to Know the optical formula of this lens , from old soligor catalogue i have found that it is 4e/4g lens . I recently found a catalogue photo of the later T4 mount soligor 105/2.8 showing optical formula with 4e/4g design . I wanted to know if earlier lens also shared the same optical formula!! I am posting photos for your better judgement .

Soligor 105/2.8

Hanimex 105/2.8

Tele Lentar 105/2.8

Tele tokina 105/2.8

Catalogue of Soligor T4 mount lens showing optical diagram

Soligor 1966 catalogue portion showing the T2 mount preset lens clearly stating 4elements

Anybody with any Info are welcome to share it here !! Thank You .

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way to be certain unless you disassemble. You could try check reflections and that should tell you that its 4 in 4 at least.

However I think its a reasonable assumption that Tokina probably kept the same or a very similar design for the preset and their first automatic version (the T4 line was the first automatic version of all Tokina lenses, identical to those also seen in fixed mounts).

This is not always true of course.

The 300/5.5 preset is a very different design than the 300/5.5 T4 or automatic;
The 200/4.5 was very scarce in automatic mount and never seen in T4;
The 28/3 is not the same in detail as the 28/2.8 Auto/T4;

etc.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay , thanks Luis , i will probably open up the lens tommorow ,last time i opened it i found 2 front elements like the design of the T4 mount lens ,one was more curved than the other!! will post here when iam done with it!!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after much deliberation i opened up the lens this morning and here are my findings

In my opinion this is a 5element/4 group design , the 3rd element is a cemented doublet ,so it dosent match the T4 mount Soligor 105/2.8 whose optical diagram i have already posted ,but what is troubling is that the Soligor t2 mount lens brochure says that this lens is a 4 element design , here is a crude drawing of the optical diagram as seen by me

Any comments on this findings are welcome!! thank you!!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I found a older Brochure of soligor lenses where it says that the 105 mm lens has 5 elements

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, and quite daring of you to have done a complete disassembly !
Allied Impex/Soligor sold many makers lenses under its brand. I expect that what it sold from one year to the next would vary according to the deliveries and contracts at the time. Any catalog from them would be even more of a "snapshot" than it normally is.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still its a interesting find,maybe others can also open up the same lens to see the elements, it has only two rings which are screwed in ,the front namering revels the first element ,the 2nd and 3rd group is not screwed just placed with a spacer between them ,so relesing the elements is easy!!! Luis i request you to open up your copy !!