Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer lens: a difference between red V and 1 in triangle?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Meyer lens: a difference between red V and 1 in triangle? Reply with quote

Hello, so, is there any significant difference I should know, lets say, before bidding in auctions?

I basically registered only to annoy you with this, possibly silly, question Very Happy .

I was told lens with "1" in triangle are export, thus possibly better pieces.

But what I'm curious about is the impact of making its crazy bokeh circles. Are there any bokeh differences or is bokeh always the same?

Thanks in advance,

Marek, Czech Rep. Very Happy

(Speaking of which, I'm looking for a nice Trioplan 100, as a Canon EOS owner, under 200 Euros. Any seller here? Very Happy)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red V denotes the lens is coated, it is only found on the early coated lenses.

The 1Q symbol stands for 'Erste Qualitat' and is a marking they put on export items as part of a campaign to promote GDR goods.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bokeh should not be influenced, "Erste Qualität" ("First Quality"~"Best Quality") does only mean better quality control, also maybe better grease was used for helicoids or similar minor improvments, but basically there should be no differences in optical sheme, so no differences in bokeh at all, as long as your copy is not heavily decentered etc..