Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

24MM PRIME FOR NIKON F needed please advise.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: 24MM PRIME FOR NIKON F needed please advise. Reply with quote

Hi all , well I'am interested in purchasing a 24mm prime for my Nikon d5200 . Now since there are only a few available , and I like the sigma super wide mk 2 24mm , but it's a canon fd lens . So would it be fine to purchase this and use a canon to nikon f adapter . I have had one before in Nikon fit but it was 28mm not wide enough . Plus there is a Sunagor 24mm in nikon fit but thought the Sigma would be better quality . Any help would be appreciated Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't adapt Canon FD to Nikon.

Look for an old Nikkor 2.8/24, it will be far superior to any of the third party 24mms, I have one and will never part with it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Look for an old Nikkor 2.8/24, it will be far superior to any of the third party 24mms, I have one and will never part with it.

Another vote for the nikkor: with a bit of patience you will find one cheap enough, as it is quite commonly available, and it will save you the hassle of adapting it (that, when it comes to nikon bodies, it often means modifying the lens).
BTW, the sigma super wide II should also be available in nikon mount. It is a good lens too, inferior to the nikkor imho, but a good performer nonetheless. Only problem with it is that prices are going up recently.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Another vote for the nikkor: with a bit of patience you will find one cheap enough, as it is quite commonly available, and it will save you the hassle of adapting it (that, when it comes to nikon bodies, it often means modifying the lens).
BTW, the sigma super wide II should also be available in nikon mount. It is a good lens too, inferior to the nikkor imho, but a good performer nonetheless. Only problem with it is that prices are going up recently.

+1

The sigma is adequate but the nikkor is wonderful. I paid abut 30ukp for mine as I has a lot of barrel wear, but look upon it as an investment - you will never need to replace it with a better lens.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very little point in trying to adapt wide angle lenses to Nikon - you will get closeup use only.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree think its best to find a Nikkor 24mm 2.8 rather than a third party lens . But what price should I pay thats fair, without being overpriced. Thanks for the advice .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree think its best to find a Nikkor 24mm 2.8 rather than a third party lens . But what price should I pay thats fair, without being overpriced. Thanks for the advice .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~200 USD for latest AIS, others are less

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too think the AIS 24/2.8 would be the one to look for, or the Zeiss ZF.2 25.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ais was the one I had in mind , I have a sekonic exposure meter so no problem metering , since my nikon it would be fully manual , prices vary depending on condition so I will keep a lookout for one thats reasonable , although I have seen them north of £200.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vouch for the 24mm 2.8 AIS. Great lens!
The Sigma Super-wide 24mm is also a great bargain for the price.