Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Orestor 100 aperture
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject: Meyer Orestor 100 aperture Reply with quote

Hello,

I have 2 versions of this lens.

- Zebra has lazy aperture => already fixed,
- non-zebra has a broken aperture blade.

Now questions:
- is the mechanism of both lenses the same (internal)?
- does Orestor shares aperture blades with other Meyer lens (of pentacon) so I could swap a blade?
- lazy aperture on this model is I suppose because of the old grease around this push-dof-button and it's mechanism? => fixed

Thanx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they have the same blade count, you might be lucky enough that you can swap them, if the blade count is different, then you'll have to source a replacement blade.
But before we go too far, is the blade actually broken? I have seen a few that have a blade or two that have jumped out of their slots for some reason, and all it takes is a disassembly and reassembly to fix it, during the reassembly keep an eye out for the cause of the blade jumping out of place, like something has become loose and requires some attention.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, thanx for reply.

I got the lens with already removed broken blade, lens now has kind of a diamond shape aperture.

Actually I need one spare blade to fix this lens, thats why im curios of I could use from other Meyer lens as I have here few around (50 / 1.Cool.

Other lens (zebra) already fixed, aperture blades were dirty.

Bye

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three blades removed, you get triangular bokeh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Vcc0Gb-oE