Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's problem with brand new lenses ? ballon or dust inside
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: What's problem with brand new lenses ? ballon or dust inside Reply with quote

I had bought a brand new lenses from ebay seller, I just unbox and use this lenses ONE time. Yesterday, I used a flash light to check, I saw something inside glasses lenses.

Is it a brand new lenses ? What I saw inside lenses is dust or balloon of glass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be unacceptable for a new lens from a store, older used zoome are a slightly different story, some dust is normal, but shouldn't have lots, as that's a sign of being stored without caps.
A flashlight can turn a relatively clean lens into the dirtiest lens ever, as it highlights every speck more than it would normally show.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
That would be unacceptable for a new lens from a store, older used zoome are a slightly different story, some dust is normal, but shouldn't have lots, as that's a sign of being stored without caps.
A flashlight can turn a relatively clean lens into the dirtiest lens ever, as it highlights every speck more than it would normally show.

I went to some store and check their brand new CZ lenses. All of them is the same, there are "the thing" inside when I check them by flash light.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see some dust on the rear element. I think light to be very powerful to show what in normal light cannot see. Inside lens I see light reflections from the lens elements -- are these the 'balloons'?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No bubbles, modern glasses are generally degassed by vacuum and/or ultrasonic sound while liquid to avoid any bubbles.
You can find bubbles in old lenses, also from first party makers, but generally not in modern photographic lenses as far as I know.

I had several, also used, modern CZ lenses, and not a single one looked that dusty.
Actually I think I had 60 years old lenses which were less dusty, I think that's not a really "new" one.
Maybe a demonstration model from a shop, already couching in a shop window or a desk or a some time?

Anyway, it looks like most dust is on the outside of the rear element, I guess stored for some times without rear cap.
Can be easily cleanen easily without opening I guess.

I would clean it from outside with a good microfibre towel and/or a blower and if it stays that dusty I would try to send it back if price wasn't very low.