Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angenieux 135/3.5 Type Y2 M42 mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Angenieux 135/3.5 Type Y2 M42 mount Reply with quote

After a long wait (37 days ) I finally received this lens in the mail,it has some fungus so will be sent away for cleaning. It's a rainy day here but I still had to get out and test it.. Laughing

So these are just quick samples...I can report I am very happy with this lens.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! It is very hard to find one copy in M42. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully, I find most of my lenses in M42, if I didn't I would not be able to use them. This was not listed as an Angeniuex only as a generic lens.So I only had to "fight" one other bidder to win it at a very,very good price.

Last edited by mo on Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few of my cat model,

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one to have ! By no means a common lens.

Does Puss charge a modelling fee? And did you get her to sign a 'release form'? Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I feed her she helps me test lenses...a fair deal. I am hoping tomorrows weather will be a little brighter and take some images of the actual lens.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the lens in question,

#4 Do you think the mount is orginal?

#7 Missing screw or its deep inside.

#8 plenty of dirt

#9 plenty of fungus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly need a good cleaning. May affect the quality little bit but no big deal. The mount looks have been modified. The original M42 version have a chrome M42 mount matches the style aperture/focus ring Click here to see on Ebay.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I thought,all seems to work ok. I am a little worried about the hole and if there may be any internal issues because of the modification. I mean I hope my repairman won't find any issues inside when he cleans it. Still for the price I bought it for I can't complain it was worth the risk.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely test shots. I am sure it will do well in portrait shots.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does portraits very well, I tested it out on my husband Smile .I will try and find someone who does not mind their image being uploaded to the net.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the hard-to-find Smile
Looks like a sharp lens too.
I never try any of these before. They are expensive and very hard to find...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can encourage you too just keep looking, if I found one there are bound to be more that are not listed properly. I believe it is very sharp, but I have to get used to it, and hopefully some nicer weather will come my way.
This was shot through some dirty windows Embarassed of the parrot eating my sunflower

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really are pretty things.

Those lenses Razz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: P21 Reply with quote

The 180\4,5 P21 in M42 mt. (s.n. in the 919 000's) looks remarkably similar, but does have all 3. rings in the same style, no difference for that by the mount.

p.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Mo, on an absolutely remarkable get. God knows you paid for this lens, though; and I'm not talking about money.

Sweet cat, too, BTW!