Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help with adapters...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Need help with adapters... Reply with quote

Hello everyone, Im new to this forum, but i have already read a lot of great information here, so I know I can trust your opinion on this particular question.
I´ve recently bought four manual lenses to adapt to my canon 60d.

The lenses are: Tokina RMC 24mm f2.8 nikon mount, Pentacon 135mm f2.8 and 50mm f1.8 pentax mount, and a Helios 44/4 58mm f2 Zenith mount.

Could you please help me with what adapters I should buy for them?
I was looking trough Ebay stores, looking for some cheap ones with EMF AF, but I was confused with so much different types, and with such enormous delivery times, I really want to choose the right ones.

Thanks in advance!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with adapters... Reply with quote

pedro ramos wrote:
Hello everyone, Im new to this forum, but i have already read a lot of great information here, so I know I can trust your opinion on this particular question.

The lenses are: Tokina RMC 24mm f2.8 nikon mount, Pentacon 135mm f2.8 and 50mm f1.8 pentax mount, and a Helios 44/4 58mm f2 Zenith mount.

I was looking trough Ebay stores, looking for some cheap ones with EMF AF, but I was confused with so much different types, and with such enormous delivery times, I really want to choose the right ones.

Thanks in advance!!

Welcome, Pedro.

Gosh, I'm not certain what you're attempting can easily be accomplished. Assuming those lenses, all four, have fixed mounts, by the time you get to a Canon mount you will have increased the registration distance a good bit! This can destroy infinity focus.

When I buy MF lenses I always look for mounts with which I can work. This most often means an m42 mount, or:

MF lenses with interchangeable mounts. This includes the Adaptall 2, Adaptall, Adapt-A-Matic, YS, T4, TX series of lenses, among others, e.g., T mount. You have the additional option, which I don't have, of simply shopping for MF lenses with a (fixed) Canon mount.

But getting from the lenses you mention, if they have fixed mounts, to Canon could be something of a challenge.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome pedro ramos!

All those lenses are from cameras with longer register distance than Canon EOS -- no problem with infinity focus...

I use BIG_IS adapters for M42 lenses, Click here to see on Ebay, and his Nikon adapter. Check if he has Zenith adapter too!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with adapters... Reply with quote

pedro ramos wrote:

Thanks in advance!!

Look for a Nikon F to EOS adapter for your Tokina.
For the Pentax I assume you mean Pentax K mount aka PK mount which is the same thing, so a PK to EOS adapter.
The Pentacon will likely be M42, so M42 to EOS adapter.
The Helios will likely be M42 or PK, 44M-4 will be M42, 44K-4 will be PK, which should fit one of the 2 adapters above.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with adapters... Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:

Look for a Nikon F to EOS adapter for your Tokina.
For the Pentax I assume you mean Pentax K mount aka PK mount which is the same thing, so a PK to EOS adapter.
The Pentacon will likely be M42, so M42 to EOS adapter.
The Helios will likely be M42 or PK, 44M-4 will be M42, 44K-4 will be PK, which should fit one of the 2 adapters above.

Both Pentacon lenses are M42 mount I assume. They are either that, or Praktica Bayonet (PB) mount, in which case they would've been called Prakticars. Either way; Pentacon 135/2.8, Pentacon 50/1.8, Helios 44/4 require an M42 to Canon EOS adapter, while the Nikon-mount RMC Tokina 24/2.8 will need a Nikon to Canon EOS adapter.

There are several types of M42 adapters. I recommend this type: Click here to see on Ebay

As to the Nikon adapter, this one: Click here to see on Ebay

Of course, these very same adapters can be bought from any vendor on eBay; my links are just sample listings, but make sure you get the M42 adapter with a stop-down flange (like one I shown), as your Helios 44-4 probably does not have an A/M switch, so you'll need something to push the aperture stop-down pin.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone!
Thanks for all the answers and for sharing your wisdow with a newbie like myself.
Never tought I would get so many good replies in such a short amount of time, but this forum looks great for everyone looking to learn.

Now about the lens. The Pentacon´s inscriptions say Pentacon Prakticar, and the Helios is 44K-4, so thanks for pounting of the differences between different mounts
The only thing im not sure about is the Tokina with Nikon mount, because it says on the mount that it is n/ai, and the adapters Ive seen on ebay are for Nikon Ai or Ais .
Will this one work the same with my lens?

Thanks to everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops!

When Pedro wrote in the OP:

"Pentacon 135mm f2.8 and 50mm f1.8 pentax mount"

I was (I now realize likely wrongly) thinking "PK". If they are instead m42 then it's a straightforward adaptation to Canon.