Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

List of lens names "who is who"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: List of lens names "who is who" Reply with quote

Here's a link to a nice list of lens names:
http://www.daisybelle.nl/photographic_lens_names.pdf

I can't guarantee for absolute correctness, but Roelf Backus did a good & appreciated job!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Few items may need amendment. For example, the Rubinar is from LZOS not Schneider. Also Bausch & Lomb licensed Unar lens but it is not appear under the Zeiss Jena.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Petzval first appeared under the the Voigtländer brand and not Hermagis.
If should be chosen only one lens released by Hermagis to define the company it should be Eidoscope.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half-a$$ed. Enthusiastic ignoramus. More garbage cluttering up the Internet and ignorant readers' minds.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, many lenses are missing and several might be wrong I think

Most Voigtländer names are also used by Cosina-Voigtländer for example
Tessar was also made by Zeiss Jena

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least a first try. Does anybody here have the time to work on that list?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get the structure. What does this means?

Say Agfa made all these agnar, ambion antar and so on?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danfromm wrote:
Half-a$$ed. Enthusiastic ignoramus. More garbage cluttering up the Internet and ignorant readers' minds.

Critics formulating is easy, doing it better - a hard to do job....

Thanks to You Carsten for Your functional post!
In the list are names I never heart before, so I wanted to let You part.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh. The best starting point, and it isn't perfect, is the list in A Lens Collector's Vade Mecum. It is weak on the third-party and especially house-brand third party lenses for, mainly, 35 mm SLRs that fascinate many of the active posters here.

This link http://sdrv.ms/1i4czGa will take you to a page with links to lens catalogs and to a site that sells the VM.

I personally don't see the need for a list that maps trade names to makers, but if anyone does, get the VM, search the catalogs, have fun and be happy.