Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wartime Tessar?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Wartime Tessar? Reply with quote

I recently obtained this lens......CZJ Tessar Nr. 2823047. I have attached pictures of this lens, the shape of which is appealing to me.

I keep lenses like this attached to their own dedicated Micro Four-Thirds adapters for use on my Panasonic Lumix camera.

Can anyone here tell me when this lens was made? It has an Exakta mount and works very well on my camera. I have also attached a photograph of the subject lens next to an earlier Zeiss Tessar......Nr. 2089346. The earlier lens is much heavier. I believe that the older lens has a brass body and that the newer Zeiss lens has a body made of a lighter alloy material.

All information on these two lenses would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/carl-zeiss-jena-lenses-issue-date-by-serial-number-t6865.html

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Attila.

It would appear that this lens was made in 1942.

Since civilian production of the Exakta camera was supposedly concluded in 1940, who was the likely first user of this lens? It has no military markings that I can see.....?????

Do records still exist of Zeiss wartime production and distribution?