Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rolleiflex 2.8E
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Rolleiflex 2.8E Reply with quote

My Rolleiflex 2.8E is circa 1953, pre-dating me by 5 years. I still use it and with it I have taken probably my of my most favorite image, this one just about 30 years ago. Crater Lake, OR with Panatomic-X film.

This is mine, with the 80mm f/2.8 Schneider Kreuznach Xenotar lens. It is in near mint cosmetic condition. Even the leather case is near perfect. The slower shutter speeds, 1/8 and slower, do stick some, but the others are fine. I have not found myself using those slower shutter speeds anyway. !

[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Your Rolleiflex 2.8E Reply with quote

WoW ! Great photo AND on 'Panatomic -X' long departed ! How did you get such a 'MINT' looking 2.8E Xenotar ? I have one, given to me by a Widow Lady 1652155 year 1956-59 but it's not as yours !! It was the Rollei of the Chief Photographer of one of our local newspapers and then a member of a Rotary Club got it and he told me about it , so I offered to check and clean it up for him but he never let me see it - than he DIED so his widow gave it to my Boy and I together with an OM2n, 2x XA2's in boxes and other bits -- the front Xenotar is scratched and the hood is not removable BUT it DOES take the 35mm Rollei attachment 'Rolleikin' wich I was also given and have used --

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Rolleiflex 2.8E Reply with quote

[u][i]
pentaxpete wrote:
WoW ! Great photo AND on 'Panatomic -X' long departed ! How did you get such a 'MINT' looking 2.8E Xenotar ? I have one, given to me by a Widow Lady 1652155 year 1956-59 but it's not as yours !! It was the Rollei of the Chief Photographer of one of our local newspapers and then a member of a Rotary Club got it and he told me about it , so I offered to check and clean it up for him but he never let me see it - than he DIED so his widow gave it to my Boy and I together with an OM2n, 2x XA2's in boxes and other bits -- the front Xenotar is scratched and the hood is not removable BUT it DOES take the 35mm Rollei attachment 'Rolleikin' wich I was also given and have used --

This was my very first medium format camera. 6x6 and Panatomic-X is pretty hard to beat. It could probably go head to head with 4x5 under reasonable (16x20) enlargments. I really miss that stuff! I even shot a roll of Techpan in it and processed it in Technidol. Now THAT was amazing!

Believe it or not, my wife found it in an ANTIQUE SHOP! I am almost embarrassed to say how much she paid for it.......... but I will.........$50! It came with the taking lens hood and a case of filters, most of which had delaminated so they were useless. Those folks in the antique store had no idea what they had, in this condition, these are going for $1500 and up on Fleabay. I really should take it to a repairman and see if he can fix those slow shutter speeds. Yours is newer than mine, it has the Selenium light meter built in. Does it even still work?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Your Rolleiflex 2.8E Reply with quote

WoW !! $50 in that condition !! But my Wife looks only for bargain Shoes and Handbags -- never for Cameras !! Yes, the meter on mine still works after all this time -- I do not use it so much as I have other Rolleis and the screen on this one is very dim but I will see if i can find a sample photo to show you ---
1995 Ilford HP5+ in Ilfotec LC 29 I was trying

Very outdated Ilford FP4 in home-made Acutol-S formula -- it was a bit over-developed