Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Breaking into FF realm - D600
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: Breaking into FF realm - D600 Reply with quote

So got my new used/refurb 600 from ebay. No oil spots nor dust, and the seller had it for 6 months with about 2300 clicks since it's been refurbed, so safe to say it has a new shutter or was never leaky in the first place.

This body is probably as exciting as my 5100 when I first started this game, but on a whoooooole new level of pure satisfaction across the board. Still reading the manual to learn all the little bells and whistles and will post shots once I get over a cold a step outside my boring home for some real tests.

Main reasons, besides stupid amount of detail and excellent ISO performance, for me getting this were being able to finally use my FX glass to its fullest/see proper fields of view and to have a body I can trust with some auto settings to make my life taking quality snaps easier than wrestling the manual mode and shooting only in RAW to salvage some quality from the taken snaps above ISO400.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be prepared for shitty corners. Laughing

Ahhh I'm just jealous.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, although with jpegs, the on-board correction is actually pretty good. Also, couldn't help but try the 35 1.8 DX on it and it is indeed quite useable with heavy, but kinda nice looking vignetting.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of ironic that I want to shoot a semi-pro body like a POS, but only because I feel I may be able to trust this one with all the misc. settings and delivery unlike anything lesser.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, got it back from repairs and everything is so far, so good. Did a quick 50/2+extension tube ring light shot of my new e-cig build per popular demand regarding the mystical beast on those forums, and straight out of the camera I'm utterly impressed.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put off taking the digital "plunge" for many years because I own 15 MF Nikkors and saw no need for new autofocus ones. The first problem I encountered was the DX crop. My 20mm and 18mm Nikkors are some of my favorite lenses and with the DX crop factor, it made DX a total non-issue. When Nikon came out with the D3 and D700 I finally found a reason to try it. The D3 was more than I wanted to spend and since it shared the same sensor as the D700, the decision was pretty much a no brainer. At the time that I ordered the D700 I also ordered a manual focusing screen so I could take best advantage of the camera. The D700 standard screen, like all DSLR screens is pretty much useless for truly critical manual focusing and I did not trust the "in focus" indicator. I trust my eyes much more than a little light in the viewfinder. They two usually agree but if there is a difference, the focusing screen is always right, especially in dim light.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna have to see what split-prism screen would fit into the 600, and get one eventually. The large viewfinder compared to my 5100 more than makes up for having a plain screen once again.