Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Miranda sensorex. Do you have it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Miranda sensorex. Do you have it? Reply with quote

Hi I have a miranda sensorex with a 50mm and a wide lens.
I feel a bit guilty that even though this camera is at my disposal I do not like it.... Sad and I would prefer some minolta....

according to the manual here:
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/miranda/miranda_sensorex/senorex-2.htm

the focus is super easy.. what ever but when I put my eye on the viewfinder is dark,, dirty (I tried cleaning it) and I can not really see those grid lines so easily... Turning the focus rings of the lenses is extremely slow.... darn!!

Did you have experience with this camera?

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have it and don't understand your problem, the viewfinder is one of the bigger, brighter ones of that era and the focussing should be silky smooth. Sounds like yours needs a service.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really?
for me it looks like that is greyish that reduces the light a lot... Where I can find service though these days?

regards
Alex

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a couple through my hands, and I still have one, in excellent condition.
I have all the finders for them also.

Ditto on the prism viewfinder, if it is in good condition it is exceptional.

You need to check where the problem is. It could be a dirty or tarnished mirror, it could be the finder glass is bad, or is fogged. It could be a bad groundglass.

The prism is also not that bad to disassemble, if you have to. You just need a small screwdriver.

These cameras are not worth repairing as like-new cameras are easily available cheaply on ebay. The Sensorex line were very popular.
If yours cant be fixed, get another. Even the finders are easy to find separately.

For what its worth, mine works fine, but in my opinion the Sensorex is not the nicest SLR to use. The aperture mechanism/linkage protrudes, is easy to inadvertently shift, and is annoying, among other design problems.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only peered through one once, with a f/1.4 attached and the finder did appear rather dark and lacking in contrast compared to my Nikon F2 with the f/1.4 Nikkor attached

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someday, I should "excavate" at my parents' home: there should exist a Miranda Sensomat outfit, once belonged to a late cousin of my father; i remember that the whole was in a brown, leather case... now I think I want to see how bright the viewfinder is.

Ok, the Sensomat should be a less expensive camera...

E.L.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Alex: Did You check if the mirror is flipped totally down, or stuck on half the way down?
I had similar problem on an elder ALPA, screen was totally dark because the mirror was not in 45° position.

@Elmar Lang: Get the outfit out of the leather case, fungus feels like in heaven in this environment!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the next two weeks I should pay a visit to my mother: I think I know where to search for the Miranda outfit.

Honestly, I don't know what I'll find and in what condition. I remember it was a camera with "normal" lens, a wideangle, prism and waist-level finder, plus some accessories.

Yes, the old leather cases often are the best place where cameras become home to funguses and other diseases of precision instruments and optics...

Let's see and hope.

Best wishes,

E.L.