Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Peleng vs. Samyang
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Peleng vs. Samyang Reply with quote

I found this comparison of interest. For me, it was refreshing to find a very wide angle lens, the Peleng, that is available with m42 mount. This analysis appears also to prefer the Peleng for other reasons.

http://www.peleng8.com/peleng-vs-samyang.html

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had both and clearly prefered the Samyang due much more "harmonic" distortion, makes an good composition easier. In terms of colors and overall IQ my Samyang was visbly better aswell, especially at wide apertures and in the corners.
Only benifit of the Peleng is that it's distortion easily correctable if wanted - but If you want that could buy a gnomic/rectangular wide angle instead directly.

Last edited by ForenSeil on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:59 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't these people selling Peleng? For me there is no contest...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samyang is a stereographic FE, Peleng is equisolid FE, apples and pears really

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tao wrote:
Aren't these people selling Peleng? For me there is no contest...

Excellent point. But they claim also to be vending Samyang, so . . . . . . . .

Bottom line, though, it appears a good possibility they are favoring the "home team"!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, a comparison on a website called "peleng8.com"! Nice. Wink

I had the Peleng and now have the Samyang. The Samyang is better, I have to admit.
The image is usable over the whole field. The Peleng shows serious CAs towards the edges of the image.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like they sharpened the Peleng test images on that site. Some sharpening artifacts visible on the fridge shots where there are edges like the side of the door and around the magnets. Confused