Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

fuji xt1--is it good for manual focus?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: fuji xt1--is it good for manual focus? Reply with quote

i think some members have or have used this camera. it supposedly has an excellent vf and a unique implementation of split screen manual focusing. since this forum is devoted to manual focus lenses, can those with experience describe how effective this feature is?

thanks!
tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The X-T1 is excellent for manual focus lenses. Much better, and I mean muuuuuuuch better than my X-E2.

The best manual focus assist so far I have seen in the Sony A7, but the X-T1 comes really close - if you know how to use it properly.

You can choose between different colours for peaking and for each colour two different sensibilities.
    You can use the central split screen, which I find really good for indor shots.
    And you can use a focus assist image at the side of the framed image.

You need to find out which setting is best for which situation. As soon as you know that, the X-T1 is fantastic with manual lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you. can you elaborate on why the A7 is better?

also, does the split screen focus not work well outdoors?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The peaking mode in the Sony models is amazing. Fuji has had problems to get to that level.
With the X-T1 they succeeded. I think they are of similar quality, but a good friend of mine (who owns an A7R and an X-T1) still prefers the Sony peaking which works in every situation, whereas the Fuji peaking has to be adjusted to the situation you shoot in (and the colours of the subject you want to take a photo of).

I don't know yet why split screen works better for me indoors and peaking outdoors. It's just a first impression. I only got the X-T1 two weeks ago.