Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair-3T 30cm/4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Tair-3T 30cm/4.5 Reply with quote

I just received it today :

It looks to be a not common one, so I thought it may interest you. No info about it on photohistory.ru or zenitcamera.com. T lenses are designed to television (there are Helios-40T or Jupiter-11T for exemple).

It has integrated giant hood, and it has a A mount (interchangeable soviet mount). It has now Nikon mount, but I will change it to M42 when I'll be back in France. Then, be sure that I'll make some test shots Smile (T lenses are "supposed" to have higher quality).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not seen this this version before, wow that's an enormous hood!
It will be interesting to see how it performs.
I love my 'regular' Tair-3.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice find. I hope it performs at least as well as a regular TAIR-3, which is a great lens.

I do not see why a TV lens would be higher quality than a photographic lens. TV is a much lower resolution format (especially when this lens was built), so there would be no need for it to perform better.

Marj

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do not see why a TV lens would be higher quality than a photographic lens.

Maybe because of better quality control (lens not made for usual population). Unfortunatly, I don't have regular Tair-3, so will be hard to do comparaison. Also, maybe different coating.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting serial number.

As I know, in Soviet designation, the "T" means "Telescope" or "TV Lens", thus is the shape - considered to be mounted in some specific mount?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never heard about T for telescope. On zenitcamera, it says T mean Televidenie (television) : http://zenitcamera.com/qa/qa-indexes.html#tv

The mount is classical A mount (like Jupiter 11A or Jupiter 37A)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Mon May 09, 2016 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernhardas wrote:
If the hood is extra long, you have to check if it is vignetting on FF.
That might be an indication that it was indeed meant for a smaller format.

Just tested it by holding the lens on M42 mount : no vignetting at all with hood. It's a pretty large hood Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First test wide open Smile :

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the distance.
Nice 300mm portrait lens. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good as all Tair! I also kept Tair 300mm with Nikon mount, disadvantage only weight , made from melted T-34 tanks Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the Tair-3T after the OF-233 210mm/2.5, which is a way more heavy... so it was almost a pleasure to handle the Tair Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell your girlfriend she is pretty Razz

LONG LIVE THE TAIR 3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice portrait of a beautiful girl! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing, there is a version of this lens for 6x6 I think it will cover more than FF Smile.

And yes - awesome lens for portraits. Great sharpness and smooth defocus way better thant the japanese cheap 300mm!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simbon4o wrote:
One more thing, there is a version of this lens for 6x6 I think it will cover more than FF Smile.

Yes, there is Tair-33 for Kiev-88 and Tair-33Б for Kiev-60 (P6 mount). Also there is large format version, that Themoleman own Smile .