Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

contax to sony alpha adaptor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: contax to sony alpha adaptor Reply with quote

I'm sure this topic has been discussed before, but I'm wondering why there is no glassless adaptor that will focus to infinity. Since the flange distance for contax is about the same as for m42, and they make adaptors for those lenses, why not one for contax? Even if it was slightly under 1mm in thickness, it should be strong enough to mount most contax's. If the mirror flip up is the problem, they could at least make one for use with the slt's which have no mirror to flip up and hit the back of the lens. I know about Leitax, but I'm talking about a simple on-ff adaptor like the ones for m42 glass. Anyone care to comment?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is not only the flange distance, it's also the diameter of the bajonett.
~1mm is not enough to put a whole maybe ~4-5mm female bajonett inside.
So I think it's not possible to make an glassless A-Mount-Contax adapter which reaches infinity.
Canon EF might work partially though (larger inner diameter) and of course any mirrorless like all Sony E-Mount or µFT cameras.

I think only M42, T2, Tamron Adaptall and Leica R are easily adaptable to Minolta AF/Sony A-Mount I think (and most medium format lenses of course)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get Leitax mounts for Contax MM glass if you don't mind taking expensive lenses to bits Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: contax adapter for sony alpha Reply with quote

I'm not sure what you mean by 4-5mm of female bayonet inside camera body. the bayonet is the male fitting, and the camera mount is female. besides, if you mean depth wise, the distance between the lens mount and bayonet flanges is only about 1 to 2mm. the adapter opening could be recessed into the body of the camera on an slt far enough to accomodate that depth, i think.