Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ROW (Carl Zeiss Jena) Visionar f1.6 100mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: ROW (Carl Zeiss Jena) Visionar f1.6 100mm Reply with quote

This is a projection lens w/o iris, adapter to fit a focusing helicoid and my Lumix GH1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful series!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 8 is magical.
Congratulations
OH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! I see you got one! beautiful shots!

There are not many faster lenses in the world, even at this distance hand shake can throw out the focus, but you showed great skill.

How are you mounting the lens, do you have a photo?

I will use an M65mm helicoid but I have some flange rings to be made for 5D2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need John, here: Click here to see on Ebay
A buddy of mine makes those now Wink

P.S.: not one, all of them to 141mm Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
No need John, here: Click here to see on Ebay
A buddy of mine makes those now Wink

P.S.: not one, all of them to 141mm Laughing

Link works now, yes that is good price. Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice spring series. Knowing how big and heavy this lens is I realize how difficult is to shoot a hand-held close-up. But I've seen in other posts that you own much bigger lenses in comparison with which this one is a toy. You should have good training. Smile

My 100mm Visionar is still waiting. Mounting it on NEX is simpler as the lens has enough flange distance to be mounted in front of my normal 17-31(52mm threaded) helicoid. But, being not as good as you at holding big lenses, I intend to give it a ring with a tripod mount thread, not only for using it on a tripod but for mounting a Linhof hand-grip to the lens, too. I'm still thinking at it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
Very nice spring series. Knowing how big and heavy this lens is I realize how difficult is to shoot a hand-held close-up. But I've seen in other posts that you own much bigger lenses in comparison with which this one is a toy. You should have good training. Smile

My 100mm Visionar is still waiting. Mounting it on NEX is simpler as the lens has enough flange distance to be mounted in front of my normal 17-31(52mm threaded) helicoid. But, being not as good as you at holding big lenses, I intend to give it a ring with a tripod mount thread, not only for using it on a tripod but for mounting a Linhof hand-grip to the lens, too. I'm still thinking at it.

Well Dan, with helicoid etc. this lens is exactly 1175grams (1.1 kilo), so that gives a very steady base (and bid arms muscles I guess...)
I hold the lens and camera with my left on the helicoid actually (not the camera), works pretty well.